... Rational numbers are numbers that
can be written as decimals or
Rational numbers include ALL
integers, fractions, and mixed
An integer is any number from the
set… continuing forever
... To round a decimal number correct to 2 decimal places, follow these steps:
1. Consider the digit in the third decimal place (that is, the thousandth’s place).
2. If it is less than 5, simply omit this digit and all digits that follow. (That is, omit all digits beginning from the third decimal
... rigorous definition of the real numbers – indeed, the realization that a better definition was needed – was one of the most important
developments of 19th century mathematics. The currently standard axiomatic definition is that real numbers form the
unique Archimedean complete totally ordered field ...
... Rational Numbers – is the set of all ______________, _____________, ________________, and any number that can be
written as a fraction where, the ______________________________ is either a __________________________ number
or a ____________________________________ number.
Irrational Number – is the ...
... b. No. Go to 6.
2. Which does the number have?
a. Fraction. Simplify it by dividing. Go to 3.
b. Decimal. Go to 4.
3. Does the divided fraction have a decimal?
a. Yes. Go to 4.
b. No. go to 6.
4. Does the decimal terminate?
a. Yes. The number is rational (also real).
b. No. Go to 5.
5. Does the deci ...
... With the compliments of www.theeducationwebsite.co.uk
Odd numbers are numbers that end in any of these digits - 1 3 5 7 9
They cannot be divided equally by 2.
Even numbers are numbers that end in any of these digits - 0 2 4 6 8
They can be divided equally by 2.
Prime Numbers ...
... Ex: What is the remainder when 1,427 is divided by 3?
1. 124,232,22B has 33 as a factor. What could B be?
2. A=?25? is divisible by 12. What is the smallest possible value of A?
3. What is the largest 4-digit multiple of 8 which has 3, 5, and 7 among its digits?
The one’s digit
Ex: What is the last ...
... Arabic numerals are used to represent each class in the DDC. A decimal point follows the third
digit in a class number, after which division by ten continues to the specific degree of
classification needed. The longer the number, the more specific (narrow) the class number.
Hierarchy in th ...
... They are formed by squaring the natural
numbers (or whole numbers): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 …
Numbers such as 2, 3, 5, and 6 are not
perfect squares because they do not have
whole number square roots.
... scientific notation, and place value, as well as the basic
operations and facts about numbers. As a simple example we
write the numeral “352” and say “three hundred fifty two”.
We use the exponent form as a shortcut method for writing repeated multiplication. In exponent
form there are two important ...
... 6. Using divisibility test check whether the following are divisible by 4 and 8.
7. Test the divisibility by 6 a) 27840 b) 29400 c) 35684
8. In each of the following fill in the blank with the smallest digit to make it divisible
by 3. a) 643 -5
b) 2134 -7
9) Fill in the blank with the sma ...
... 2. Mixed number- a number containing a whole number part and a fraction part. Ex. 3 1/4
3. Improper fraction- a fraction that is greater than or equal to 1. The numerator in an improper
fraction is greater than or equal to the denominator.
4. Decimal – a number with one or more digits to the right o ...